Friday, November 25, 2011

How can I break the habit of biting my nails?

I really want to let my nails grow out, but I'm constantly biting them. What is a good way to break this habit?How can I break the habit of biting my nails?
Carry a nail file at all times. I find that I bite a tiny bit then my nail is bumpy on the end and I'll bite it untill it's straight and smooth... which end sup being really short, if you have a file then when it happens you can sort it quickly.


Also try to keep pretty paint on your nails... sometimes that stops me because I dont want to ruin it.


Acrylic is an option because you cant bite your nails then.. but they do ruin your nails underneith.


My beauty teacher told us biting your nails is worse than licking a toilet seat, so think of that everytime you do it! lolHow can I break the habit of biting my nails?
Some people told me to get a worry stone or something to keep my hands busy when i get nervous or feel like biting my nails....it didn't work. I finally learned to break the habit on my own by putting on nail polish and when i felt like picking at my nails, i picked at the polish instead. Or when i stuck my fingers in my mouth to chew off my nails, i got a mouthful of nail polish. My friend suggested that you coat your nails in hot sauce or perfume (she likes hot sauce...she had to find something else that tasted bad) and so when you put your finger nail in your mouth, get a nasty taste in your mouth and decide it's not worth the bad taste to chew your nail. Then after a while, you break the habit =D
you can sometimes just try to resist (thats how i got out of it)


you can put nail polish on them (it always has that weird taste)


you can clip your nails real short


sometimes you could just grow out of it


hope it helps.. good luck!
i wouldn't put tape or anything on them but every time u bite them u have to give your self a punishment (eg. give $0.25 back to your parents from your allowance, pinch yourself really hard, or put nail polish on them that smells or tastes bad. Hope that helps.
i put tape on my fingers for a week.


and after a week i like stopped having that urge to bite them =p





minee?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
u can try :


1) dipping ur fingers in lemon juice


2) putting salt on ur fingers..


3) thinking of all the gross things that are living under ur nails


4) cutting ur nails really short so u cant bite them


hope i helped! :]
Dip your fingers in something strong scented %26amp; gross tasting.


Nail polish remover is a good one.
Put vinegar on them.
  • blemishes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment