Friday, November 25, 2011

What's the easiest way to trim a rabbits nails?

I need to trim my rabbits nails and I am tired of dragging him to the vet everyvtime. I know that some people say you turn them over on their backs but I have never tried this. I know to look for the quick on the nails so you do not cut them because I have trimmed my dogs nails before. Any advice would be appreciated.What's the easiest way to trim a rabbits nails?
I used to show and raise rabbits and I just set them on my lap. I picked the paws up by putting one finger in the middle of their paw. This spread the claws. I would then used my other fingers to part any fur to get a good view of the nail. You'll soon find the best way to trim. Try different positions before cutting. Try putting your arm under the rabbit for opposite sides (I'm right handed so I had to do this to cut the nails on the right side). Hope this helps.What's the easiest way to trim a rabbits nails?
You should let them free in your garden if your garden has concrete. The concrete will wear the nails down and viola! No need for trimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment