Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Any tips on how to stop bitting my nails?

I am 21 and I really need to break this habbit of bitting and picking my cuticles, it's disgusting and I'm embarrassed. I will stop for a while, let them heal, look okay, but it never last. If anyone has any tips that would be awesome.Any tips on how to stop bitting my nails?
Many years ago I attended a private military school. The commandant told us that bit their nails that is was the first sign of insanity....I was reminded of this by him several times...to this day I have not chewed my finger nails and when I see someone else doing so my mind flashes back to that commandant. So for what it is worth, remember that bitting your nails is the first sign of insanity....and never forget it.Any tips on how to stop bitting my nails?
Remove your teeth.
well they have this bitter apple stuff at petsmart for dogs to ger them to stop biting specified things





spray it on ur fingers and you'll be done before you know it
You can buy either Nail Biter or Nail Hardener at WalMart in the beauty section. Both will work to help you stop biting your nails.
http://www.quitnailbiting.com/?gclid=CKj鈥?/a>





http://www.quitnailbiting.com/?gclid=CKj鈥?/a>








DIP THEM IN LEMON! pure squezzed lemon ( it tastes sick then!)


try to keep remembering yourseld not to do it when u r about to, that worked for me!





(wrap them with tissues and stuff)





or go to this great website i just found!! :





http://www.quitnailbiting.com/?gclid=CKj鈥?/a>
rub vineager on them.
They have special nail polish and tastes really bad to make you stop. try that
i do it daily





but im not conserned on how pretty my nails look





i bet you can stop it if you take your mind off it.
I used to bite my nails also. I evaluated why I would do that, and found out that it was because I couldn't stand long nails. They got in my way. I keep them a short as I can. That stopped the habbit.


If they get to long, I will still bite them now. I just have to remember to cut them.
Start going to get regular manicures. Don't get artificial nails, because some people end up biting those and they might hurt your teeth if you do that.





You may also want to contact your primary health provider to recommend a therapist that can help you stop biting your nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment