Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I stop myself from biting my nails?

I bite my nails constantly. I never think about biting my nails, and it isn't because I get nervous... I just involuntarily bring my hand to my mouth and bite my nails. I don't bite my nails until they bleed, though. Is there any way to stop myself from biting my nails? Thanks in advance.How do I stop myself from biting my nails?
I used to have the same problem. I tried everything- The lemon juice, The gross tasting nail polish, Even fake nails- Nothing worked.


Untill one day I read an article- And It changed my life. It really works !





Okay- Get yourself a nail file. One that is small enough to carry everywhere with you. Every time you get the urge to bite your nails or find you hand heading toward your mouth- Break out that file and start filing !





Usually after just a few seconds of filing them the urge goes away. It get easier as time goes by. Before you know it your nails grow out and they look neat because you file them every day =]





Good luck !!How do I stop myself from biting my nails?
Heyy Amber! :))


I used to have a problem with that..I still do it but my mom would buy me this clear nail polish to put on...and when you go to bite your nails...you taste this NASTY taste of the polish and it stays on your nails for a while! It really helped for a while...until I stopped putting it on...and went right to biting my nails. I'm wearing back finger nail polish now at the moment and it looks so pretty I don't even want to mess it up to bite my nails. Haha. So I resist it. Just do what suits you to breaking the habit.


Good luck ''Vera''!


hehe ;)
Breaking a bad habit is never going to be easy.





What I would recommend is to soak your nails in lemon juice, nail polish remover, or something that else that tastes bad.


Now wipe your nails so that they're dry (but do not scrub).


Every time you bite your nails, you will then have the taste of something horrible in your mouth. Your subconscious will learn from this and HOPEFULLY your habit will be broken in no time.





I know this may not sound appealing, but no pain no gain!





Best of luck!
I'm the same.....my mum taught me a lil trick which seems to be working though. Continue to bite all your nails except for say your 2 pinky fingers.....once they have grown bite all except your pinky's and your index fingers etc. Once you've got a few really nice and healthy looking nails it'll be soooo much easier to stop biting the rest - It's working for me =)
I had this problem for years. My Grandma even tried that stuff that you put on your nails that taste horrible...that didn't even work. I started taking vitamins and my nails started coming in faster so I started painting them. They looked so nice that I didn't wanna bite them and eventually I stopped over time. My suggestion is paint your nails and take vitamins hun!
Well, do you think you'd notice that they felt different and notice you were biting them if they were painted?


If not, they make stuff for kids to put on their thumbs that tastes really bad, you could put that on your nails.
Put a cream or lotion on that you do not like.


Example: even lemon juice, if you don;t like it, and it'll make you stop cause you do not like the taste of it.
Are you willing to spend a few bucks? If so...





http://www.amazon.com/Mavala-Stop-Nail-Biting-Deterrent/dp/B000J428AC
get a rubber band and put it on your wrist %26amp; everytime you get the urge to bite them pop the rubber band on your wrist. . .
I have that problem, I always get fake nails, that way you can't bite through them, lol.
get fake nails





:)
Put on some nail polish.
stick your fingers up your butt then you'll be so grossed out that you wont want to do it LOL
when I was small,my mum threatened to put red chilli powder on them,if I didn't stop!!
wear nail polish

No comments:

Post a Comment