Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How to secure nails in drywall?

My apartment walls are made of butter! Nails just don't stay put. I installed some shelves a week ago, today the weight of the shelves has caused the nail to actually cut downward through the hole, enlarging it. I had to take out the shelves as the brackets were almost falling down. I got those plastic anchors for the screws but I don't want to drill into a wall that soft. Suggestions please?How to secure nails in drywall?
try metal anchors they work real good on shelves or just find the studs and use 1 inch thead drywall screws not nails.How to secure nails in drywall?
you need to lightly tap on your wall to see where are the places that the drywall is drilled in with the metal. once you find that the tapping is not holow anymore..you can pick a height on that line to drill


sorry that the pages are not in english....
You need to locate the wall studs and nail or screw into them

No comments:

Post a Comment