Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What is the easiest way to cut my dogs nails?

I have a 6month golden retriever and her nails are getting really long, and we have a dogs nail clipper,but every time we try to cut it she eithers pull her paw away, or try to bite us, and what is the easiest way to cut her nails with out hurting her and without her pulling her paw away??





Thanks shela.What is the easiest way to cut my dogs nails?
Thanks for asking this question. I'm not trying to be a smart ***, but taking the dog to the groomer or vet is probably the best. All 4 of my dogs have black nails, so unless you really know how to clip them properly, you could end up cutting their toes/fingers.





I usually cut off only the very pointy tips of the nails in between groomer visits. I refuse to go as short as a groomer can. I accidentally cut one of my dogs and I felt so bad.





I really wish that I knew how to cut them properly, but after cutting him I'm hesitant to do it myself.What is the easiest way to cut my dogs nails?
cut them bit by bit so she dotn feel it.. stupid...
we use to have the same problem,we bought a dremel or small hand held grinder,try to get her use to the noise or have some one help you hold her ,she is probably just scared because you show some fear,its harder when the dogs nails are black.
I agree, take it to the vet or doggie clinic to have them cut. It's really cheap %26amp; they'll be able to handle a squirmy puppy. My pit puppy is 6 months old %26amp; it's soo hard to clip hers.





When your dog gets older, i.e. calms down, it will be easier to clip them. Also, if you take her for long walks or play with her on a concrete surface, they'll file down naturally. Good cutting!
pay someone to do it for you!!
take your pet to a professional groomer.
I used to have to cut my Great Dane's nails, and the only way I was able to do it was to sit on top of her, exerting just enough pressure that she couldn't move backwards or forwards, Then you have to hold the paw firmly with one hand, and cut just the TIP of each nail very quickly. Be careful you are not cutting into the quick of the nail, as that is painful for the dog. You may want to have someone else help you hold the dog; i.e., one person should hold the dog's mouth closed while you cut the nails.
I too learned the hard way. Pay someone to do it for you. It is so worth the money not t have to go through that. My dog has a nervous breakdown whenever she see's the clippers.
Start off by pouring yourself a nice glass of Chardonnay. Sit around and contemplate your strategy. Stare down the dog. Get out the clippers. Lay them by the dog. Drink more wine. Then go to the medicine cabinet-get the Benadryl. Give some to the dog. Then take some for yourself. Then it's time to play. Play ball or tug of war for about 20 min. 'till the dog is tired. Gulp the wine. Now, set the dog in your lap, facing away from you, pick up the clippers, and ever so gently take off a tiny bit of the nail......too much and you will never want to do it again. Too much and the dog will not let you do it again!
Take her to the vet! They will do it for like $5. :)
the most easiest way is to take her to the vet. that costs. when she is sleeping try to walk slowly and cut her nails. if she wakes up she'll probably go back to sleep. for my dog, i use a regular nail clipper
options





*while she is sleeping (one nail each time she sleeps)





*Grab her between 6 ..





*destract her while some one cuts them off
go to a pet groomer but if you don't want to spend money i don't know how to cut dog nail (never tried it) oh wait maybe be al little clever make your dog eat and while he's eating go for the nails ;-)
  • blemishes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment