Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How can i get rid of my biting nails habit and grow them faster?

My nails are xtremly small and i just cant stop biting them!!! Each of my nails are about a centimeter! Not even an inch! I need help. By the way the nails im talking about is not toenails. Its the nails on your hand...How can i get rid of my biting nails habit and grow them faster?
use willpower to just stop. use self control.How can i get rid of my biting nails habit and grow them faster?
You can buy a type of nailpolish at places like wal-mart and target i think..it supposivly smells bad and tastes bad which makes you not wanna bite them... its made for reasons like this... my sisters friend used it and it worked for her so I recommed you try it.. and if you can't find it look around or ask the people working there if they have a product for nail biting habits.. Good Luck :P
well firstly i have to say that i used to do the same, until i got a big bit of nail stuck in the roof of my mouth, it hurt so bad thats why i stops. however you can get a special nail vanish that tastes really bad, so every time you bite your nail you get a reallly bad taste in your mouth, it worked for my mum and sister....
well they have that polish that tastes DISGUSTING when u put ur nails in ur mouth. i used to do tht when i was younger %26amp; thts how i stopped. or get a really nice, cute manicure and sometimes that is enough just because u dont want to ruin it!
hmm i would start another habit.....
I used to be an extreme nail biter. I mean my fingers used to bleed sometimes.





But what I did was polish them my favorite color and decorate them with designs and stuff. I didn't get fake nails to help them grow either.





And after awhile I realized that I didn't WANT to bite my nails because I didn't want to mess up the design that I had worked so hard on.





It took awhile but now my nails are longer and much prettier. And when I get the urge to bite them, I chew some gum. It definitely helps me.
I have the exact same problem but ive tried everthing. It works but once they get they get long i bite them down to nothing again. The best thing iveused was sally hansons nail growth in the gold bottle. It works. In about 7 days your nail will be at least 33% longer. Trust me it works, just dont bite them when they get long again. Oh yeah bye the way this nail stuff is about 7 dollars. Hope i helped and good Luck!
My daughter was a nail biter and how she finally stopped this bad habit of hers was she went to a nail salon and they put acrylic tips on the end. She then had nice nails.





When she found she was anxious or nervous over something is when she bit her nails. She said when she bit into the tip it was not soft, and she noticed she was doing that. She then picked up twizzler and chewed on that instead, when she ran out of twizzlers she started tapping her fingers or toes. That is how she broke herself out of the habit of chewing her nails.





She did not find using stuff like this helpful at all. http://www.stopbitingnails.com/
Here's something that helps. Get a good nail file and trim them down so they don't snag on your clothing. That will make you forget they are there. The bitter varnish might help too.
if you go to a drug store or any local stores they should have a nail vanish specially made for people who has biting problem. What it does is, it tastes horrible. So first few times you might try and bite your nails but after tasting it, you won't. I actually had the same problem but i fixed it using this exact method. so good luck.
put tape around the nails you'll soon break this terrid habbit
This is a very tough habit to beat. I knew someone who tried the bitter polish and they actually got used of the taste and didn't mind it. Some people can't tolerate it though. It is true, gelatin makes them grow faster and stronger. I had another friend who soaked her hands in clear gelantin, don't make it as the package says, use the hot and let it cool on it's own, when it's cool enough dip your fingers in it, she also drank flavored gelantin mix, again drinking it and making so it was not thick. She was worried about weight and used sugerless,lol. But, by gosh, in 2 weeks she had nails, not extreme long ones yet but, they were stubs anymore. She then got a polish with a strengthner from a local pharmacy, and after looking at her once stubs to actually beautiful nails, she wouldn't dare chew them. And, she now has wonderfull looking nails, and will not go get the fakes, as they can soften and damage your nails. This worked for her, she said the geletin also made her hair feel better. It was cheap and actually did work for her. Good luck. oh, yes, at first she always carried toothpicks to chew on to stay away from her nails. Only a few weeks. But, it's worth a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment